Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Goodbye To You
Michelle Branch
Of all the things I believed in
I just wanna get it over with
Tears form behind my eyes
But I do not cry
Counting the days that passed me by
I've been searching deep down in my soul
Words that I'm hearing are starting to get old
Feels like I'm starting all over again
The last 3 years were just pretend
And I said
Chorus:
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
I still get lost in your eyes
And it seems that I can't live a day without you
Closing my eyes
And you will chase my thoughts away
To a place where I am blinded by the light
But it's not right
Repeat chorus
And it hurts to want everything
And nothing at the same time
I want what's yours and I
Want what's mine
I want you
But I'm not giving in this time
Repeat chorus 2x
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
And when the stars fall
I will lie awake
You're my shooting star.
Michelle Branch
Of all the things I believed in
I just wanna get it over with
Tears form behind my eyes
But I do not cry
Counting the days that passed me by
I've been searching deep down in my soul
Words that I'm hearing are starting to get old
Feels like I'm starting all over again
The last 3 years were just pretend
And I said
Chorus:
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
I still get lost in your eyes
And it seems that I can't live a day without you
Closing my eyes
And you will chase my thoughts away
To a place where I am blinded by the light
But it's not right
Repeat chorus
And it hurts to want everything
And nothing at the same time
I want what's yours and I
Want what's mine
I want you
But I'm not giving in this time
Repeat chorus 2x
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
And when the stars fall
I will lie awake
You're my shooting star.
12:47 PM